Sunday 15 January 2012

Changes are coming.........

Well peeps its two weeks ago on Tuesday when I first started this fantastic journey to making myself happy, yep thats it I'm doing this for MYSELF, decided to become selfish lol.

On saturday I went out with my friend for our girlie day, we do this every other week when my boys go to their dads, the Mr is at football. It normally consists of us doing some shopping, maybe a bit of pampering then we go for lunch somewhere, I didnt want today to be any different although I knew I wouldnt be coming back with the sunday lunch syndrome today which would make me feel better.

So off we went to the Harvester, I ordered a pint of water with ice, half roasted chicken, new potatoes without butter and peas. At the harvester you get free salad bowl, I was very thoughtful on what I put in my bowl, mainly, shredded carrot, cucumber, beetroot, 1 half new potatoe with mayo and tiny weeny bit of coleslaw. So we sat down and I slowly ate away at my salad and my mate looked at me and said "your stuffed" I wasnt stuffed but satisfied, then I thought of my main course and what I was going to do, so when it arrived I ate a few peas and a couple of the new potatoes, called the waiter over and said "can you box that up please im not feeling well today" you see I had 2 choices, I could have eaten it and felt the sunday lunch syndrome over fed my body with waste food that would just turn to fat, or just leave it as waste which wouldnt harm my body, I had control over it and I felt proud of myself for been in control. Afterwards my friend said "I dont think we will be going out for a meal again" "I said why?" "well your paying for something your not eating", "that doesnt matter at least its not waste on my body and I enjoy the company", so in two weeks time we will go out again for lunch and I will remain in control. Its the taste of the food I like, not the quantity!

Tomorrow is the day I have the band fitted, bring it on! Now whats for tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment