Sunday 5 February 2012

Ive not given up

In fact im working even harder to acheive that goal, that only me can do - ive just been busy busy busy and not thinking about food as much - just me in that bikini lol

Im still losing weight, thats a healthy weight loss - but more important I've started excercising:)
It helps that my 14 year old son has jumped on the band wagon and doing it with me as he is a little overweight for his height etc, a little observation while he was eating his dinner today I heard him put his fork down and say "mum im full now" so if he can gain good eating habits at this age then hopefully obesity will not be a problem later in life, ive even noticed him running thetap and drinking water instead of juice, I don't tell him what he can and cannot eat I want him to be able to make good choices for himself just like I do.

This morning we were both up nice and early and we walked to the pool, yep walked in the snow and both swam a mile, we were counting down together, encouraging each other it was a good team effort. After the swimming we went to the supermarket and then we went to the gym for an hour, I really wish they would let the teenagers do the deep water aqua because I know he would enjoy it, but instead he can watch me and then we will both do length swimming and hopefully crack up a mile again.

I really feel good about myself this weekend, its not always so positive, last week I had a "down" moment, but I went to see Stella and we chatted about how well I'd done so far and if I wanted to keep on losing then I needed to carry on for myself, its not the food part that gets to me - I no longer have a problem making good choices I think I just expect too much in too little time so a little patience on my part isnt going to hurt.

Talk about making good choices, A pupil of mine wanted to do the McDonalds drive through, normally if I was having a mcdonalds it would be a big mac, large fries, coke and an apple pie to finish with, I had a chicken burger and nothing else this is because I did want to eat something but I know that if id have had anymore I would have been stuffed and I hate that feeling so I was able to control myself pretty well I would say!

No comments:

Post a Comment